Tiger Claw Face Shield Picked as Favorite in New York Times Review
April 17, 2008 — Today’s New York Times photo feature in their Style section tested martial arts face shields, with Tiger Claw’s coming out as the clear winner.
”Christina Park, 27 and a third-degree black belt, tested four face shields at West Side Taekwondo in New York, where she is an instructor. Ranked by USA Taekwondo, one of the regional taekwondo organizations of the World Taekwondo Federation, she is a two-time national middleweight sparring champion and does not regularly use shields, only headgear. She preferred one-piece shields free of vented cutouts, which she said impeded her vision.
“TIGER CLAW CLEAR FACE SHIELD
The favorite among those tested, this shield, attaches to all foam headgear. “I liked this design because the shield was one screen,” Ms. Park said, making her forward and peripheral vision “excellent.” The large opening across the bottom prevented fogging, she said.”
The Face Shield was also a Black Belt Essential Gear Pick in the September 2007 issue!
Last 5 posts by Justin
- Tai Chi Gala, May 30-June 1, 2014 - March 3rd, 2014
- Team Proper Presents: Proper Challenge - February 6th, 2014
- Ultimate Slam, May 3. - February 6th, 2014
- SF National Karate Challenge, July 19th - February 6th, 2014
- Golden Gate Internationals, April 4 -5, Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, CA - February 6th, 2014